Sunday, September 27, 2015

What Can I Say About Bill Clinton?

 What Can I Say About Bill Clinton?


I am trying to get into the habit of writing something daily. It is tough getting back into a long neglected part of my brain.  There is the rust and dust and all the potholes I have hit along the way.  I think I might even have a rattle in my undercarriage. It has all combined to create writer’s block.

 In a search for inspiration and a way to lubricate the cogs in my brain, I said to myself I will write something, for twenty minutes, about whatever pops up first on the Yahoo home page. I clicked on Yahoo home and prayed for puppies. The first thing that popped up was not puppies.  What popped up was a picture of Bill Clinton. Bill Clinton, what can I say that has not been written about Bill Clinton?   

 I will write about the thought that the picture inspired in me at the moment I saw it. That should be easy enough and I have never written about Bill Clinton so it is all new material. 

 No matter how good the economy was, I could never vote for Bill Clinton. The reason is simple. When the man talks, he looks like my husband when my husband lies. Here is an example. Dear husband what is this charge for six hundred dollars to the sports shop? Dear wife of mine it must be a mistake.  I will call the store tomorrow and straighten it out. Then, there came the look. Is she buying it? I think she is. This is the coolest thing in the world. 

 I know that he is lying. He knows that he is lying. It is like it is some sort of game. That is what I think of when I see Bill Clinton. That is why I could never vote for him for president.


 Not quite twenty minutes, but close enough. I am done with Bill Clinton.

No comments:

Post a Comment